Marketing and Sales Assessments
Creating a Senior Living Marketing Plan and Sales Strategy
Do any of the following statements describe your team?
- There is no clear line of responsibility for fielding a lead.
- Multiple sales people may be responding to the same lead.
- With no clear line of responsibility, you are concerned that some leads are falling between the cracks with none of your representatives doing adequate follow-through.
- Your sales representatives do not effectively communicate with each other regarding prospects.
- Communication between sales and other departments is ineffective, leading to confused prospects, increased renovation time, and internal conflict.
- There is no proven system in place for effectively following up with leads over a sustained period of time.
Purpose of Marketing and Sales Assessments for your Senior Living Community
The purpose of the Marketing and Sales Assessment is to look at all aspects of a community from the potential resident’s perspective. The analysis report often forms the foundation for the marketing plan that serves as a guide to assist the community in reaching its sales and occupancy goals.
A Marketing and Sales Assessment is comprised of preliminary work, a site-visit and the final report. During preliminary work, the client assembles data for preview and analysis by Bobby Sumner Consulting (BSC)in advance of an on-site visit. BSC will review all information provided by the client, which may include past feasibility studies or audits, competitor’s literature, competitive rate comparisons, ads and direct mail pieces, digital campaigns, social media, collaterals, contracts and agreements, current pricing, current resident handbook, most recent resident satisfactions surveys; materials about the local area; current number of leads; rate of sales for the past two years; cost per move; and origin of leads.
A Marketing and Sales Assessment is also helpful if your community:
- Is not meeting sales and occupancy goals
- Has missed or is about to miss financial covenants
- Seems to be falling behind the competitive curve
- Needs a repositioning and refreshed identity
- Is contemplating new projects or expansion
- Is already providing successful services but desires to improve further.
What We Do on Site: 2–3-day visit
While on site,Bobby Sumner Consulting will meet with important constituents and discuss or observe the community’s:
- Current positioning and its message
- Strengths, weaknesses(challenges), opportunities, and threats (SWOT).
- The competition and its potential threat to attracting your perceived customer
- The unique selling position of your community when juxtaposed against the competition
The consultant offers “fresh eyes” to observe and make notes about your community’s:
- Physical plant and grounds
- Typical policies and procedures
- Marketing and sales environment
- Cultural environment of the community at large
- Local surroundings and how they might affect your community’s appeal
If your organization has struggled with clear lines of sales and marketing responsibility, and you would like to refine sales efforts and procedures for increased efficiency, call Bobby Sumner Consulting today.
"*" indicates required fields